Scholarship Terms and Conditions
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX: TERMS & CONDITIONS
By applying for a University of Phoenix scholarship and/or accepting the scholarship award, the applicant and/or recipient agrees to the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by any of the following terms and conditions shall result in either disqualification of the scholarship award or termination of the scholarship award.
1. All application submissions shall become the property of Apollo Group, Inc. as the parent company of the University of Phoenix regardless if applicant is awarded the scholarship. In addition, applicant agrees to execute an Apollo Group, Inc. Consent and Release Form.
Upon the award of the scholarship and applicant’s acceptance, Apollo Group, Inc. and/or University of Phoenix shall have the right to use and republish the submitted application or any of its content; it may reference and acknowledge applicant’s/recipient’s name and authorship of the application; and may use recipient’s name, image and likeness, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, any promotional materials.
2. Scholarship award is a non-cash credit to recipient’s University of Phoenix account in the amount stated by the scholarship. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. No exceptions.
3. Scholarship will be applied to tuition and fees only, as specified on the scholarship application; education supplies and living expenses are not included.
4. Whether applicant/recipient is or is not currently an enrolled student, he/she is not receiving a total of 100% tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement, other scholarships and/or private grants with the exception of Veteran’s Administration GI benefits or Veteran’s Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits and Title IV financial aid funding.
5. Applicant/recipient must meet all University of Phoenix admissions requirements for selected program and campus. Information regarding admissions is available in the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog. Scholarship may only be used toward degrees that are specified on the scholarship application; Doctoral degrees are not covered by the scholarship. No exceptions.
6. Recipient must complete all admission and enrollment requirements for his/her chosen degree program (degree program must be currently available) at University of Phoenix no later than thirty (30) days following the scholarship award date, unless otherwise approved in writing by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion. Unless specifically stated in the application otherwise. Applicants who enroll during the scholarship process or before the award date are not eligible for the scholarship, and any such enrollment in violation of these scholarship terms and conditions will result in the termination of the scholarship award.
7. Recipient must be scheduled for his/her first class no later than sixty (60) days following the scholarship award date, unless otherwise approved in writing by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion .
8. Recipient must have successfully completed his/her first class within one hundred eighty (180) days following the scholarship award date unless otherwise approved in writing by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion.
9. If recipient is receiving Title IV financial aid funding in addition to this scholarship, applicant must stay in attendance as a full time student with no more than a twenty-nine (29) day break and/or must qualify for a leave of absence in order to maintain his/her financial aid status. Recipient is required to abide by all state and federal financial aid policies and procedures and all University of Phoenix financial policies and procedures as set forth in the University of Phoenix Academic catalog, including remaining in good financial standing with the University of Phoenix.
10. Recipient who falls out of attendance for more than 365 days (1 year) will forfeit his/her scholarship which shall be immediately terminated.
11. Recipient must maintain the minimum grade point average for the selected degree program, make satisfactory progress towards completing selected degree program (satisfactory progress is measured as successfully completing a minimum of 16 credits during each 24 attempted credits), and complete the selected degree program within the maximum time frame allowed according to federal regulations (The maximum time frame allowed is based on the required number of credits for graduation from the degree program, less any transfer or assessed credits, times 150%).
12. Recipient may only fall into academic probation once and must raise his/her academic status within four (4) consecutive classes. Recipients who fall into academic probation two times and/or academic disqualification will be in violation of these scholarship terms and conditions.
13. Recipient agrees to complete his/her degree program in the time set forth in the University Of Phoenix Academic Catalog. Switching degree programs may result in a loss of credits which this scholarship will not cover. If recipient changes degree programs, which results in a loss of credits, the scholarship will cover up to six (6) credits that do not transfer to the new degree program. No exceptions will be provided by the University of Phoenix.
14. Should recipient drop, receive a W grade or otherwise fail to complete a course for which the scholarship or a portion of the scholarship has been used to pay the tuition, any refund due shall be only applied to recipient’s University of Phoenix account as a non-cash credit. In no event will any cash refund be given at any time. No exceptions. Recipients are permitted only two (2) dropped courses or W grades per eight (8) consecutively successfully completed courses. If the recipient exceeds the drop course limit, recipient agrees that he/she will be financially responsible for the tuition fees and costs for the current dropped course in accordance with University of Phoenix policies as set forth in the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog. Recipient acknowledges that said scholarship award shall not pay tuition and fees for excess dropped courses. Recipient agrees that he/she will have to pay any outstanding tuition balance within seventy-five (75) days max and must pay prior to enrolling in any future courses in order to continue with this scholarship award.
15. Scholarship award will only be applied to one re-take course. A “re-take” of a course means scholarship recipient has completed the course to a point of earning a letter grade of A–F and has been scheduled to repeat the same course. If recipient wishes to re-take an additional course(s), recipient must pay the entire tuition and fee costs of the course in accordance with University of Phoenix’s financial policies as set forth in the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog. No scholarship award will be given on a re-taken course in excess award of one (1).
16. Recipient will relinquish all unused portions of scholarship award should recipient fail to meet any of the above terms and conditions for any reason. Determinations of failure to meet the stated terms will be made by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion. Any unused portion of the Scholarship will be returned to the University of Phoenix and is non-transferable. This scholarship does not apply towards doctoral degree programs.
17. These terms and conditions are in addition to any other terms and conditions set forth in any other part of this document. Any necessary determination or clarification as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion. Furthermore, the University of Phoenix reserves the right in its sole discretion to make any changes or modifications to the scholarship, including but not limited to, the criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the terms and conditions.
18. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the scholarship will result in disqualification for the scholarship and/or termination of the scholarship award.
19. In the event that any provision of the terms and conditions of this scholarship shall be held void, voidable, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
20. APPLICANT/RECIPIENT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE THE UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX, APOLLO GROUP, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES, AS WELL AS EACH OF THEIR OFFICER, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SERVANTS, DIRECTORS (“THE RELEASED PARTIES”) , FROM DAMAGES, LOSSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF EARNINGS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF WAGES), COSTS, EXPENSES AND LIABILITIES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, AND WHETHER OR NOT CONCEALED OR HIDDEN, WHICH I MAY NOW HAVE OR MAY HEREINAFTER HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION PROCESS BY THE CBC SPOUSES.
21. APPLICANT/RECIPIENT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE THE CBC SPOUSES AND ITS AFFILIATES, AS WELL AS EACH OF THEIR OFFICER, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SERVANTS, DIRECTORS (“THE RELEASED PARTIES”) , FROM DAMAGES, LOSSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF EARNINGS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF WAGES), COSTS, EXPENSES AND LIABILITIES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, AND WHETHER OR NOT CONCEALED OR HIDDEN, WHICH I MAY NOW HAVE OR MAY HEREINAFTER HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP ADMINISTRATION BY THE UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX.ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1. I have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions of the Scholarship and I understand the nature of the Scholarship and the extent of my obligations.
2. I certify to the best of my knowledge and ability that the above statements made in the scholarship application are true and correct. I understand that any misrepresentation or omission of fact is cause for disqualification and my application will not be considered.
3. This scholarship application is subject to the policies and procedures set forth in the applicable University catalog. In the event of a conflict between the terms of the scholarship and the catalog, the terms of the scholarship will control.
4. This University of Phoenix Terms and Conditions form be executed by facsimile. A facsimile signature may be used in lieu of an original signature. In such instance, said facsimile signature shall be valid and enforceable in all aspects as the original.
Printed name: ___________________________ Signature: _________________________ Date: _____________
If signatory/applicant/recipient is under the age of 18, the Parent or Legal Guardian must also sign below. By signing below said Parent or Legal Guardian represents that he/she has the legal right to and does consent to the terms and conditions of this scholarship. Said Parent or Legal Guardian further certifies to the best of his/her ability that the information contained in the scholarship application are true and correct.
Printed signature of parent/guardian: ____________________________________________________________
Signature of parent/guardian_________________________________________________ Date: ______________
Address (if different from applicant): _____________________________________________________________
Daytime phone number: ________________________________ Evening: _______________________________
APOLLO GROUP INC., CONSENT AND RELEASE FORM
1. For valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant to Apollo Group, Inc., its subsidiaries, agents, and others working for it on its behalf or at its direction and their respective licensees, successors, and assigns (herein collectively called the “Licensed Parties”) the absolute right and permission to use, record, publish, broadcast, and copyright, in whole or in part, in all countries in the world, my voice, biographical information, endorsement/testimonial, picture and likeness, or any material based upon or derived there from, or to refrain from so doing, in any manner or media whatsoever, without geographical or other limitation, for any educational, advertising or promotional purpose.
2. I further agree that any such use, recording, publication, or broadcast of my voice, endorsement/testimonial, picture or likeness of me, and any material based upon or derived there from, in any manner or media, is owned by Licensed Parties. If I should receive any print, negative, or other copy, I shall not authorize its use by anyone else.
3. I represent and warrant that I own all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright and trademark rights) in any picture(s) or material(s) that I submit to the Licensed Parties and that no other third party releases are necessary. In the event I submit a picture(s) or other material(s) owned by a third party to the Licensed Parties, I shall provide all necessary third-party releases to the Licensed Parties. Said third-party releases shall grant to the Licensed Parties all rights set forth in this agreement. The Licensed Parties shall have the right in its sole discretion to deny any publication of said picture or materials. Furthermore, I acknowledge that any picture or materials submitted are not guaranteed for use by the Licensed Parties.
4. I shall have no right of approval, no claim to additional compensation, and no claim (including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, alteration, distortion, or illusionary effect, or use in any composite form.
5. I agree that this release does not in any way conflict with any existing commitment on my part. I have not heretofore authorized (which authority is still in effect), nor will I authorize or permit without the Licensed Parties express written permission the use of my voice, biographical information, endorsement/testimonial, picture, or likeness in connection with the advertising or promotion of any other educational service if such authorization or permission is in conflict or inconsistent with the terms of this Consent and Release Form.
6. If I have given any endorsement/testimonial, it represents my current honest opinions, findings, or experience. To the extent that I suggest I have used the educational services of a particular entity, I have in fact so used them. To the extent that I suggest I express a preference over other similar educational services, I do in fact prefer them. I agree to immediately notify you of any change in my expressed views or preferences, or if I cease to be able to endorse.
7. I agree to defend and hold the Licensed Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, expenses (including without limitation court costs, litigation expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees), and causes of action of any kind against the Licensed Parties as a result of any material breach of any representation made herein in this Consent and Release Form and/or resulting from any intellectual property violation including but not limited to any copyright infringement or alleged copyright infringement regarding pictures and materials that I have provided to the Licensed Parties.
8. This Consent and Release Form may be executed by facsimile. Said facsimile shall be deemed an original and shall be enforceable and fully admissible is any legal proceeding.
Signature: ____________________________________________________ Date: _________________________
Print Name: __________________________________________________ Phone Number: _________________
If signatory is under 21, the Parent or Legal Guardian must also sign below to signify agreement:
Signature of parent/guardian: ___________________________________________ Date: ___________________
Address (if different from applicant): _____________________________________________________________
Phone number: ______________________________________________________________________________