The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) is seeking a graphic design intern to assist in the development of promotional campaigns and collateral that advance the CBCF’s programs, events and initiatives.
The intern will report directly to the lead graphic designer and also work closely with a team that includes communications and events professionals and other members of the CBCF team.
- Duration: The internship will run through December 7, 2018.
- Hours: 20 – 30 hours per week (typically 4 days per week but some scheduling flexibility possible). The schedule is subject to change with consideration of priorities and upcoming events.
- Compensation: This is an hourly paid position.
Submit your resume, cover letter, sample portfolio and unofficial transcript through the online application portal. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe personal and academic accomplishments, share areas of interest that relate to the internship and identify the type of internship experience they are seeking. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and design trend research that will inform creative concepting and groundbreaking work
- Design clear, engaging and compelling print and online graphic products. This will include advertisements (print, online, social media), signage, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Work closely with MarCom team to translate messaging concepts into engaging design
- Must submit portfolio/ work samples with application
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Possess excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in partnership with a team
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Familiarity with Smartsheet and Asana are a plus
- Build resume and portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Gain professional skills working alongside experienced marketers and designers in an innovative marketing environment
- Expand professional network