The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Incorporated (CBCF) is seeking a dynamic graphic design intern to assist in the development of promotional campaigns to advance the CBCF’s programs, events and initiatives. At CBCF, it’s not just about finding a job, it’s about joining a team that shares your passion for making a difference in the lives of millions.
At CBCF, you will help cultivate tomorrow’s leaders, promote public health and financial empowerment, and facilitate the exchange of ideas and information for the global black community. Together, we are working towards a world where all communities have an equal voice in public policy. Our team’s broad range of talent and expertise means greater opportunities for professional and personal development. We are risk-takers, change makers, inventors and creative thinkers—and we are here to make a difference. Do you have what it takes? Apply today.
The Graphic Design Intern reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications while working closely with a team that includes marketers, public relations professionals and other members of the Marketing and Communications Department (MarCom). This is an excellent opportunity for a creative designer to collaborate with a talented team of creative strategic thinkers. The internship will provide invaluable on the job training, an advanced portfolio, and hands on experience in a small team setting. The intern will assist in developing a campaign strategy, create brand designs; and cultivate skills necessary to produce in a multi-project management environment.
- Duration: Internship begins immediately upon hire and extends through December 2020.
- Hours: 20 to 30 hours per week (typically 2 to 3 days per week). The schedule is negotiable.
- Compensation: This is a paid internship at 18.00 per hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design clear, engaging and compelling print and online graphic products.
- Help to produce sharable content for print and digital use.
This will include advertisements (print, online, social media), signage, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Work closely with the MarCom to translate messaging concepts into engaging marketing materials.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Possess excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in partnership with a team
- Familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact are a plus.
- Build resume and portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Gain professional skills working alongside experienced and innovative marketers and designers
- Expand professional network
Submit your resume, cover letter, sample portfolio and unofficial transcript through the online application portal. Your cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe personal and academic accomplishments, share areas of interest that relate to the internship and identify the type of internship experience you are seeking. Please include GPA, preferred number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes you are available. Internship open until filled.