- Position Title: Human Resources Manager
- Reports To: Interim President and CEO
- Position Class: Full Time
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Location: Washington, DC
Founded in 1976, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) is a non-profit organization focused on eliminating disparities within the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy and educating the public. Our primary focus areas are Education, Public Health, Economic Empowerment and the Environment. Applicants may visit the web site at www.cbcfinc.org, to view more information on CBCF programs and initiatives.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for varied and wide-ranging functions that are critical to enhancing the effectiveness of the CBCF employee experience. The HR Manager ensures the administration of human resources activities, such as employment, employee relations, training, and HR data integrity by performing the duties described below. The HR Manager also works closely with the Interim President and CEO to update policies and procedures to consistently align with federal and state regulations and adhere to established organizational standards. This role will require someone with a working knowledge of benefits administration in order to provide guidance and support to staff.
Human Resource Administration
- Manages personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Provides backup support for payroll processing.
- Advises department managers of CBCF policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law; ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Implements and monitors HR processes with a keen focus on maximizing efficiencies and ensuring a positive employee experience for all staff.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responsible for benefits administration of all new hires through their tenure with CBCF including the processing of retirement benefits.
- Maintains contact with all benefit providers including broker and other third-party business relationships.
Recruitment & Onboarding/Offboarding
- Manages full life-cycle recruitment of all CBCF applicants; may assist with full-time, part-time, temps, fellows, and intern recruitment.
- Assists new employees by helping them integrate into the organization through established CBCF onboarding procedures.
- Conducts exit interviews and develops relevant management reports.
- Primary contact for all employee related questions and concerns.
- Manages employee communications.
- Represent CBCF on important committees and task forces (internal and external).
- Effectively collaborate with staff and consultants in connection with large scale events and projects.
- Manage and balance administrative responsibilities with capacity to deliver against organization goals and objectives.
- Complete all responsibilities for other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a focus in Human Resources/Human Resource Management; minimum five years of HR experience and/or training; exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations; HR certification is highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using Smartsheet or other project management software is helpful. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform a variety of tasks; and each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires exceptional attention to detail; as well as precise written and oral communication skills. This role will require the individual to be skilled at delivering complex and sensitive messages to groups and individuals and should also have experience developing and/or delivering effective training. The ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines while paying strong attention to detail is key. This person should also have excellent organizational and time management skills and have the ability to maintain confidentiality while exercising good judgement.
Requires ability to actively speak and listen; ability to use computers, telephones and other office equipment; may require ability to sit for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
Click here to apply on the CBCF website. Please submit a cover letter (salary requirements should be included) and resume.