Position Title: Webmaster
Department: Marketing and Communications
Position Class: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Prepared: October 2019
Founded in 1976, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation is a non-profit organization focused on eliminating disparities within the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy and educating the public. Applicants may visit www.cbcfinc.org, to learn more information about CBCF programs, research and initiatives.
The Webmaster serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s websites, including web design and development, routine site and content management, and handling various updates to ensure sites align with the goals and objectives of the organization. He/she will manage full stack development, website performance, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and facilitate hosting and server management. This person will ensure that the websites are consistent, secure, user-friendly, and unified across web properties.
The Webmaster supports CBCF’s reputation management efforts through creative web content designed to engage a broad range of external stakeholders including board members, donors, event attendees, prospective interns/fellows/scholarship recipients, and the general public. The ideal candidate is a highly talented, self-starter with skills and creativity to troubleshoot and constantly improve the User Experience (UX) of the website.
- Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communications
- Directly Supervises: N/A
- Indirectly Supervises: N/A
- Type of Supervision Received:
- Internal Relationships: Collaborates closely with staff across CBCF departments
- External Relationships: Congressional staff, vendors, and other stakeholders as defined by CBCF strategic priorities.
- Determine website needs and requirements.
- Build and test aesthetic, functional and user-friendly websites.
- Coordinate with designers, content providers, management and other stakeholders.
- Implement and ensure website security and data protection.
- Maintain, update and optimize servers.
- Collect, monitor and analyze site performance.
- Create and update website content and enhance SEO.
- Maintain and document ownership of organization’s internet domains and related agreements
- Address and respond to user comments and complaints.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organization’s website.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Create appropriate website content aligned to the organization’s strategy.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly.
- Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
- Keep up to date with industry best practices and web technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming language, applications, and technical terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of Macromedia suite, Adobe Suite, Content Management Systems and W3C Web standards.
- Advanced understanding of online marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Per Click (PPC).
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- High degree of independent judgment
- Content creation and good collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of IT security.
- Reliable and detail oriented.
- Knowledge: Candidate must possess a track record of experience in full scale website management with evidence of consistent growth in web metrics data. Candidate must have experience building and maintaining highly engaging websites as well as measuring and reporting website performance analytics. Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology with ability to develop ideas and processes; and clearly express them.
- Computer and Technical Proficiencies: Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are required along with software proficiency as noted above. Experience in video and photo editing is a plus.
- Skills and Abilities: This position requires ability to juggle multiple website projects with competing deadlines. Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills to effectively plan and work to ensure that all projects are delivered on time. A portfolio that demonstrates evidence of required experience must be provided at the time of application.
- Physical Requirements: This job is primarily sedentary and working on a computer. Some walking and standing may occur in the course of a normal workday in connection with travel to and from meetings, events and conferences. The candidate may also carry light items such as reports, data products and notebooks. The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demanding deadline schedules. He or she must work well under demand, exercising tact and diplomacy while managing simultaneous priorities. May be required to work long hours, weekends, and light travel.
CBCF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403(b), paid vacation and sick time. Qualified applicants only: Forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, three work samples (including examples of web design, development and content creation with evidence of positive and significantly impactful analytics) and three professional references using CBCF’s online employment portal. Applications will be reviewed immediately on a rolling basis. Only complete applications will be considered. Position open until filled. No phone calls or inquiries accepted.