FAQ: CBC Spouses Essay Contest
1. Who is eligible for the Spouses Essay Contest?
African-American and Black junior and senior high school students.
2. What is the financial monetary award of the contest?
1st $1,500; 2nd $1,000; 3rd $750
3. Does the Essay Contest Scholarship award cover one academic year or only one semester?
The scholarship award is disbursed once a year. The Essay contest winners are invited to attend our Annual Legislative Conference and participate on a panel with other distinguished guests.
4. How do I renew my scholarship?
This scholarship is not renewable; you must re-submit an application for consideration each year and meet eligibility requirements.
5. Can I apply for the, CBC Spouses Essay Contest even if my district is not represented by a member of the Congressional Black Caucus?
You must be a constituent of a CBC member’s district to be eligible for the CBC Spouses Essay Contest.