FAQ: CBCF HBCU NREI Scholarship
1. Who is eligible to apply for CBCF HBCU NREI Scholarship?
African American and Black scholars attending an HBCU pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree with studies related to social justice to include, but not limited to: criminal justice, education, civil rights or community/economic development.
2. What is the monetary award for selected recipients?
The selected recipients will receive an award in the amount of $10,000.
3. How is the CBCF HBCU NREI Scholarship award disbursed?
The full award is disbursed once for the academic year directly to the academic institution of attendance. The award will apply evenly between the fall and spring semesters.
4. To apply for the CBCF HBCU NREI Scholarship do I have to be a constituent of a Congressional Black Caucus Member’s district?
No. The CBCF HBCU NREI Scholarship is open to all applicants attending an HCBU pursuing studies related to social justice to include, but not limited to: criminal justice, education, civil rights or community/economic development.
5. Is the CBCF HBCU NREI Scholarship award renewable?
The CBCF HBCU NREI award is not renewable. Each year eligibility requirements must be met along with submission of an application and required documents. Please review eligibility requirements prior to applying.