This position is closed.
Founded in 1976, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) is a non-profit organization focused on eliminating disparities within the global Black community by developing leaders, informing policy, and educating the public. Our primary focus areas are Education, Public Health, Economic Empowerment, and Criminal Justice. Applicants may visit the website at www.cbcfinc.org, to view more information on CBCF programs and initiatives.
The Research Coordinator, under the direction of the Vice President of the Center for Policy, Analysis and Research (CPAR), will primarily be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and assisting with managing CPAR and NREI research initiatives and deliverables. Currently, CPAR initiatives include Voter Engagement, Tech Equity, and Health Equity; NREI initiatives include Criminal Justice, Economic Equity, Education, and Health Equity. The Research Coordinator will provide administrative, research, and editing support to the team and play a key role in advancing the CPAR research agenda.
- Reports to: VP, CPAR
- Directly Supervises: None
- Indirectly Supervises: None
- Type of Supervision Received: Minimal supervision
- Internal Relationships: Close coordination with the President’s Office, Marketing & Communications Director, CPAR Research Program Analyst, and NREI Director
- External Relationships: CPAR Partners, Journal Contributors
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct peer-review and fact-checking of research;
- Create and format tables, charts, maps, and data visualizations;
- Manage rollout, scheduling, and event planning, for research release;
- Assist the Marketing & Communications team with preparing, editing, formatting, and distributing CPAR publications such as news releases, reports, letters, infographics, briefing papers, op-eds, web content, and other publications (including the Journal for the Center for Policy Analysis and Research (JCPAR));
- Assist the Marketing & Communications team to monitor and optimize marketing and digital campaigns for research and offer technical support as needed to coordinate the CPAR messaging “brand;
- Provide research assistance for department deliverables, and serve as the central point of contact across departments coordinating research production schedules;
- Monitor relevant policy and legislative trends and developments for how they impact CPAR interest areas;
- Attend research trainings and act as a resource for CPAR team on knowledge obtained during trainings; and
- Other administrative and research tasks as needed.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY/ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Incumbent must communicate with stakeholders on a national and local level to positively influence the effectiveness of CBCF in achieving its objectives. The Research Coordinator must follow and adhere to federal, state, and local ethics laws, as well as CBCF policies governing conduct, in addition to performing his/her duties in an ethical, professional, and objective manner.
- Knowledge: A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, social science, political science; or a related field is required. At least two years of post-graduate, professional experience coordinating, editing, reviewing, and/or conducting research and/or policy analysis in a policy research organization, academic institution, or governmental agency or office.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Prior office/administrative experience and strong organizational skills are required.
- Superior analytical, written, and oral communication skills; experience with editing/revising research/policy analysis publications and presenting findings preferred.
- General knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory processes
- General quantitative research skills and policy analysis skills; experience with qualitative research a plus.
- Ability to synthesize information from different sources and present information in a variety of formats for different audiences.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision, strong attention to detail, manage multiple priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team player within and across departments.
- Computer and Technical Proficiencies: Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and overall aptitude for technology and cloud-based software are required. Proficiency with telecommunications devices such as iPads, iPhone and/or Androids preferred. Experience with education or scholarship software is helpful.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, ability to work evening and weekend events and/or off-hours as needed. Some light travel may be required. Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous priorities and deliverables.
CBCF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403(b), paid vacation and sick time. Qualified applicants only must forward a cover letter, resume, short writing sample, salary requirements and three professional references using CBCF’s online employment portal only. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Position is open until filled. No phone calls accepted.