This position is closed.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Transportation Equity Research Fellow is responsible for the production of policy analysis and research as it relates to transportation, sustainability, and equity. The Fellows’ primary role will be to analyze best practices and policy solutions for the promotion of integrated and comprehensive efforts with maximum impact in black communities. In addition, he/she is responsible for policy analysis, research synthesis, data collection and the dissemination of research findings and relevant information to inform CBCF partners, stakeholders and the general public. The Fellow will produce technical reports, issue briefs, fact sheets, and other publications. The Fellow will develop a rapport with key leaders in transportation; lead ALC’s transportation equity issue forums, and attend related briefings, conferences and seminars to facilitate programming in the area of environmental sustainability.
- Conduct research and analysis in transportation as it relates to the intersectional analysis in economic opportunity, public health, education, and environmental sustainability to advance policy initiatives of interest to CBCF.
- Research, analyze, and stay abreast of economic, public policy and social issues as it relates to the State Farm fellowship to facilitate reports and information gathering and dissemination.
- Produce white papers, policy briefs and recommendations, fact sheets, and other documents in a timely manner for distribution.
- Synthesize information in a variety of formats for different audiences.
- Present research findings to internal and external stakeholders and serve a representative or spokesperson on panels and events as necessary.
- Organize policy forums and events with CBCF partners, stakeholders and other like-minded organizations in the areas of economic opportunity, transportation policy, and environmental sustainability.
- Collaborate with existing and new partners and sponsors on policy related research and event content.
- Develop and maintain database of critical audiences in policy areas of focus.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned.
- Manipulate and analyze datasets in Microsoft excel or one or more statistical analysis software packages, e.g. SPSS, STATA, SAS.
- Conduct quantitative research and analyze policies using qualitative research and data analysis software.
- Write reports, briefs and fact sheets on research studies.
- Produce varying deliverables within specified project guidelines and timelines
- Assemble and succinctly present information, conclusions, and recommendations.