Founded in 1976, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) is a non-profit organization focused on eliminating disparities within the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy, and educating the public. Our primary focus areas are Education, Public Health, Economic Empowerment, and the Environment. Applicants may visit the website at www.cbcfinc.org, to view more information on CBCF programs and initiatives.
The Marketing & Communication (MarCom) Coordinator under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing & Communication (MarCom) and the Digital Manager will play a key provide brand management support and assist with the execution of marketing, public relations, communications, and promotional strategy for the organization. The ideal candidate will play a key role in enhancing the organization’s visibility, promoting its initiatives, and engaging with various stakeholders. This individual will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies across various channels to amplify the CBCF’s mission and impact.
- Reports to: VP, MarCom and Digital Manager
- Directly Supervises: none.
- Indirectly Supervises: none.
- Type of Supervision Received: Minimal supervision.
- Internal Relationships: Close coordination with the President’s Office, Strategic Events, MarCom, and Resource Development. Ideally, thrives in cross-functional settings to optimize initiatives.
- External Relationships: Consultants
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Content Creation:
- Develop and create engaging content for various communication channels, including social media, newsletters, websites, and other digital platforms.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather information and highlight key initiatives and achievements.
- Ensure brand consistency in all communication materials.
- Social Media Management:
- Manage and update CBCF’s social media accounts to amplify the organization’s mission and reach a broader audience.
- Monitor social media trends and recommend strategies to increase engagement and visibility.
- Create and implement social media campaigns for key events and programs.
- Media Relations:
- Assist in drafting press releases, media advisories, and other communications materials.
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts to enhance CBCF’s media presence.
- Monitor media coverage and prepare regular reports for internal stakeholders.
- Event Promotion:
- Support the marketing and communication efforts for CBCF events, including the Annual Legislative Conference and other events.
- Coordinate with the events team to create promotional materials and outreach strategies.
- Digital Marketing:
- Assist in the development and execution of email marketing campaigns.
- Monitor website analytics and recommend improvements to enhance user experience.
- Collaboration and Team Support:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather information and insights for effective communication strategies.
- Provide general administrative support to the marketing and communications team.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY/ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Incumbent must communicate with stakeholders internally and externally to positively influence the effectiveness of CBCF in achieving its objectives. The MarCom Coordinator must follow and adhere to federal, state and local ethics laws, as well as CBCF policies governing conduct, in addition to performing his/her duties in an ethical, professional and objective manner. Failure to comply may result in penalties for CBCF and the MarCom Coordinator.
- Knowledge: A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, public relations, or related field, preferred. 2-4 years of professional experience in content creation, social media management, and digital marketing. Familiarity with tools such as Canva, Hootsuite, or similar platforms.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of and interest in issues affecting the black community and public policy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision, strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences on a broad range of issues.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team player within and across departments.
- Computer and Technical Proficiencies: Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and overall aptitude for technology and cloud-based software are required.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, ability to work evening and weekend events and/or off-hours responses as necessary. Some light travel may be required. Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous priorities and deliverables.
CBCF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403(b), paid vacation and sick time. Qualified applicants only must forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references using CBCF’s online employment portal only. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Position is open until filled. No phone calls accepted.