The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Incorporated (CBCF) has expanded its Leadership Institute to offer internships beyond Capitol Hill. The new Pathways to the C-Suite Internship Program partners undergraduate and post-graduate African-American students with some of the nation’s top executives in the private sector to experience how public policy is influenced and developed at every level of the process.
Through the Pathways to the C-Suite Internship Program, students gain practical and meaningful work experience in a corporate setting and obtain first-hand experience working with organizations whose top priorities include diversity employment retention and internship to employment opportunities. Interns interact with senior-level business leaders, explore multifaceted business challenges, and build skills to prepare them for careers in corporate America.
Over the course of the internship, participants also take part in business networking, team building events, and leadership development sessions to enhance their professional and leadership skills.
The C-Suite Internship Program is helping to diversify the corporate leadership ranks now and in the future. The CBCF is providing African-American students opportunities to experience public policy development and build skills necessary to succeed in a corporate environment. Internship opportunities are available in public relations, finance, business, economics and real estate.
- Summer [9 weeks / May-July]
- Fall [16 weeks/ August-December]
- Spring [16 weeks/ January-May]
Selection and Eligibility:
- U.S. citizen or permit to work in the U.S.
- Currently or recently enrolled in college full-time when applying for the program
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated interest in government relations
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students who enrolled in a matriculating program or are recent college graduates
- We are seeking college students and recent graduates pursuing careers in government relations, business, marketing, human resources and project management.
- Housing, Stipend, Professional Development Courses, Networking Opportunities