Position Class: 12-month Fellowship
Location: Washington, DC
Date Prepared: February 29, 2024
Founded in 1976, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) is a non-profit organization focused on eliminating disparities within the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy and educating the public. Our primary focus areas are Education, Public Health, Economic Empowerment and the Environment. Applicants may visit the web site at www.cbcfinc.org, to view more information on CBCF programs and initiatives.
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) is dedicated to preparing the next generation for community service and policy development through its Leadership Institute. Our mission is to increase the representation of Black leaders in public service careers and policy positions by providing fellowships, internships, and scholarships. We aim to document and celebrate the successes of our program alumni while keeping them connected and engaged with the CBCF.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Alumni Relations, the Research and Analytics Fellow will play a pivotal role in supporting the expansion of Leadership Institute Alumni-related efforts. This 12-month fellowship program involves gathering and analyzing data to enhance our understanding of Alumni trends and facilitate strategic decision-making. The Research and Analytics Fellow will be responsible for developing and maintaining a data tracking system to identify descriptive analytics of our Alumni to determine appropriate Place Based Partnerships to continue the work of the Foundation in Black communities. The fellow will analyze data collected to identify trends in our Alumni population to include factors such as residency and job sectors to share findings and relevant information to the Senior Manager, Alumni Relations.
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Alumni Relations
- Directly Supervises: N/A
- Indirectly Supervises: N/A
- Type of Supervision Received: Direct to minimal
- Internal Relationships: Maintains close coordination with CBCF departments to facilitate timely production of analyzed data.
- External Relationships: Interact with Alumni and external partners as defined by Senior Manager, Alumni Relations and CBCF priorities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive data tracking system to capture descriptive analytics of our Alumni.
- Analyze collected data to identify trends in the Alumni population, including factors such as residency and job sectors.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager of Alumni Relations to determine appropriate Place-Based Partnerships for continued community impact.
- Support the Leadership Institute team in leveraging data insights for program enhancement. Share findings and relevant information with the Senior Manager, Alumni Relations, to inform engagement strategies.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Alumni Relations, to continuously improve alumni documentation and connection processes.
- Undertake additional administrative tasks and projects as directed by the Leadership Institute team.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with staff and consultants in connection with large scale events and projects.
- Ability to effectively manage and balance administrative responsibilities with capacity to deliver organization goals and objectives.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Special Skills:
- Professional public image with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven project management skills and experience in designing, managing, and delivering high quality projects on time.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Experience with data tracking systems and tools.
- Excellent communication skills for effectively sharing insights and findings.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Passion for community service and youth development.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY/ACCOUNTABILITY
The Incumbent must communicate with internal and external stakeholders to positively influence the effectiveness of CBCF in achieving its objectives. The incumbent must follow and adhere to federal, state and local ethics laws, as well as CBCF business conduct policies. Failure to comply can result in penalties for the organization and the incumbent.
- Knowledge: Advanced degree in a related field (e.g., Education, Data Analytics, Research, Statistics). At least two years of post-graduate, professional experience conducting research and/or data analysis in the areas of higher education and/or stakeholder engagement for a social policy research organization, academic institution, or governmental agency or office.
- Skills and Abilities: Highly intelligent, self-motivated, and methodologically sound in quantitative and qualitative research and analysis. Maturity, excellent judgment, and a passion for CBCF’s mission are essential. Experience assembling and succinctly presenting information, conclusions, and recommendations is required. The ability to effectively work independently and as part of a cohesive team is necessary. Exceptional written and oral communication skills; and effective time management with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a professional and conscientious manner. Planning and organizational skills with attention to details mandatory. Ability to proofread and edit is required.
- Computer and Technical Proficiencies: Computer and Technical Proficiencies: Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and overall aptitude for technology and cloud-based software are required. Proficiency with telecommunications devices such as iPads, iPhone and/or Androids preferred. Experience with education or scholarship software is helpful.
- Physical Requirements: Applicant must be confident and reliable with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. Must be able to manage simultaneous priorities. The ability to effectively and efficiently produce in periods of heavy workloads is an essential function of this position. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends based on the project/event.
CBCF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403(b), paid vacation and sick time. Qualified applicants only must forward a cover letter, resume, and three professional references using CBCF’s online employment portal. No phone calls accepted. Position opened until filled.