This position is closed.
Founded in 1976, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Incorporated (CBCF) is a small non-profit organization focused on eliminating disparities within the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy and educating the public. Our primary focus areas are Education, Public Health, Economic Empowerment and the Environment. Applicants may visit the web site at www.cbcfinc.org to view more information on CBCF programs and initiatives.
The Program Manager, LI will play a crucial role in identifying and attracting top Interns and Fellows to contribute to the success of the Congressional Black Caucus Leadership Institute. This individual will work closely with Senior Director and key stakeholders to understand staffing needs, develop effective recruiting strategies, and ensure a positive experience. The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day recruitment planning, coordination, and implementation for the Foundation’s internship and fellowship programs, working under the direct supervision of the Senior Director, Leadership Institute. He/she will serve as a leader and mentor for all incoming, current, and former interns and fellows. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the activities and events of the program and developing sustainable systems to ensure the execution of high-caliber programs. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for working with the Senior Director to evaluate the program’s efficacy for participants and partner with the Senior Director to make modifications to the program, as necessary. In addition, the Program Manager, LI will also propose and coordinate professional development opportunities for the young professionals accepted in the CBCF Fellowship and Internship Programs, while collaborating with other departments to effectively drive the organization’s mission forward. The ideal candidate for this position should be professional, energetic, engaging, and passionate about fostering personal, educational, leadership development skills for students of color, and have a passion for recruitment.
- Reports to: Senior Director, Leadership Institute
- Directly Supervises: Interns and Fellows
- Indirectly Supervises: Vendors providing professional services or deliverables.
- Type of Supervision Received: Direct supervision.
- Internal Relationships: Close coordination with the Senior Director, Leadership Institute and the Marketing and Communications Department to effect maximum marketability and integrated execution of internship and fellowship programs across departments.
- External Relationships: Program participants of internship and fellowship programs; vendors; Members of Congress and their staffs; volunteers.
A. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Build and maintain relationships with potential candidates over time.
- Create talent pools, nurture candidate relationships, and engage with passive candidates for future opportunities.
- Use data analysis to predict future hiring needs, identify recruitment trends, and assess the effectiveness of recruitment strategies.
- Make data-driven decisions, improve resource allocation, and enhance the overall recruitment strategy.
- Clearly define the goals and objectives of recruitment. Identify the specific skills, qualifications, and attributes sought in candidates.
- Build strong relationships with target universities and colleges to tap into their talent pools.
- Attend career fairs, establish connections with career services departments, and participate in campus events. Foster relationships with faculty, staff, and student organizations.
- Maximize exposure on university-specific intern/fellowship and career platforms.
- Expand the reach of opportunities through online platforms commonly used by university students.
- Coordinate all activities and functions related to the CBCF Internship and Fellowship Programs. Assist with organization and implementation of all programs participants to facilitate program goals and initiatives under the direction of the Director, Leadership Institute.
- Partner with the Senior Director to ensure the accurate and timely development, collection, and review of the internship and fellowship program application documents. Serves as lead to validate compliance in processing of applications to the Leadership Institute’s, internship and fellowship programs.
- Support promotion and recruitment efforts through outreach to academic institutions, students and stakeholder networks.
- Attend program seminars, forums and events to engage with and cultivate program participants and foster ambassadors. Attend meetings and provide input to support event and programmatic improvements, including alumni opportunities.
- Supervise CBCF interns and communicate regular status updates to the Senior Director, Leadership institute as it relates to their progress and success in the program. Coordinate with the Director, Leadership Institute to ensure a positive internship experience.
- Assist with Quarterly board reports.
- Other duties assigned by Senior Director
- Ensure maintenance of database of attendees/suppliers/vendors; including background, profile information, and/or photos for speaker’s bureau, event contacts and venues.
- Oversee orientation and logistical needs for policy forums, training seminars, or events, including site selection, vendor management, and communication transmittals. Coordinate housing for interns.
- Assist in storytelling through preparation of PowerPoint presentations with info graphics, charts and graphs to inform stakeholders and partners of on-going progress.
- Distribute and collect program evaluation instruments for internships and fellowships. Monitor application software and create Smartsheet documents to track program activities, attendance, and performance measures for program initiatives, events.
- Adhere to approved internship and fellowship budgets as approved by the Senior Director, Leadership Institute.
B. Additional Functions
- Ability to effectively collaborate with staff and consultants in connection with large scale events and projects.
- Ability to effectively manage and balance administrative responsibilities with capacity to deliver against organization goals and objectives.
C. Required Special Skills
- Effectively communicate Program Department deliverables in written and/or verbal form to a variety of constituents and stakeholders across a variety of mediums (internal and external).
- Familiarity with the federal legislative process and political environment.
- Proven program and project management skills and experience in designing, managing and delivering high quality projects on time.
- Demonstrate superb oral and written communication and presentation skills in a range of formats to include meetings, briefings, reports, media articles and blogs.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY/ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Incumbent must communicate with stakeholders on a national and local level to positively influence the effectiveness of CBCF in achieving its objectives. The Program Manager must follow and adhere to federal, state and local ethics laws, as well as CBCF policies governing conduct, in addition to performing his/her duties in an ethical, professional and objective manner. Failure to comply may result in penalties for CBCF and the Program Manager.
- Knowledge: The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in education, educational administration, political science, public policy or a related field with a minimum of three years of proven relevant experience or related work. Experience with educational programming and/or administration is a plus. Requires previous experience in a fast-paced, high profile environment. A strong candidate will also have a proficiency in developing surveys and analyzing survey data.
- Skills and Abilities: The incumbent must be comfortable with engaging a variety of stakeholders in various settings, while demonstrating program knowledge and excellent judgment. Ability to maintain a good working relationship with co-workers, contractors, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Computer and Technical Proficiencies: Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and overall aptitude for technology and cloud-based software are required. Proficiency with survey development software and the ability to plan and conduct proactive statistical analyses of survey data is preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, ability to work evening and weekend events and/or off-hours responses as necessary.
CBCF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403(b), paid vacation and sick time.